According to FBI statistics, over 70% of shootings occur in low-light. Are YOU prepared? This class covers the practical aspects of employing a handgun in low-light situations. Target identification, sight acquisition, use of flashlights/night-sights/lasers/etc. and low-light tactics are all covered at length. Practical drills will familiarize students with using a handgun and light effectively. This class culminates with live-fire drills conducted in a darkened range environment.
Students will be required to use a hand-held flashlight for portions of this class. Other devices (pistol-mounted lights, lasers, etc.) may be used during certain drills. This is a handgun-based course; separate low-light courses are available for carbines and shotguns.
- Serviceable handgun (semi-auto or revolver)
- Tactical handheld flashlight (may be purchased during class)
- A quality belt holster
- Spare magazines or speedloaders (3 minimum)
- Pouch or carry system for spare mag/speedloader
- Any other low-light accessories the student may have
- 350-300 rounds of ammunition–available at Shooter’s World