This is an introductory course designed to familiarize students with basic knowledge and skills to compete in IPSC, IDPA, Practical Carbine or similar action shooting events. This class covers basic rules, march procedures, classifications, firearm requisites, etc. Additionally, students participate in basic live-fire stages to gauge their skill-level.
- Serviceable handgun suitable for IPSC-style shooting
- Sturdy belt holster that retains the handgun under dynamic movement
- Minimum of 3 spare magazines (or speedloaders)
- Pouches to hold spare magazines/speedloaders
- Approximately 100-150 rounds of ammunition
NOTE: This is NOT an introductory shooting class. Students should be familiar with the basic operation of their firearm PRIOR to taking this class.