Defensive Carbine I
This course covers the proper use, handling and tactical deployment of a carbine for defense. Sighting, variable distance engagements, multiple targets, reloads, malfunctions, stress shooting, transitions to handguns and shooting on the move are but a few of the topics covered. The advantages and disadvantages of various accessories (lights, optics, slings, etc.) are addressed in detail. Dynamic live-fire drills will enhance students’ skill levels. Go beyond basic shooting and learn how to effectively use a carbine for defense.
- Carbine style rifle(AR, AK, SCAR, etc.)w/ iron sights(5.56, 7.62 or similar calibers)
- Non-magnified, “red dot” style optics may be used in conjunction w/ iron sights
- 3 magazines minimum(5 recommended)
- Pouch or carrier for spare magazines
- 350 rounds of ammo minimum(may be purchased at Shooters World)
- Serviceable handgun with quality belt or thigh holster
- 2 handgun magazines minimum
- 50 rounds of handgun ammo
NOTE: This is NOT an introductory shooting class. Students should be familiar with the basic operation of their firearm PRIOR to taking this class.
|10 Hour Class||$195|